Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thing # 14

I had some fun playing around with Technorati. It was a little difficult at first to find just the right key words to search for what I really wanted. I decided to search for gifted education. A lot of the blogs it led me to were just education, some talked about gifts (as in presents), and one talked about the 10 types of jobs that Harry Potter could do; one being physical Education. So I was still really having to search through a lot. I did find a large number of videos on gifted education that really looked instructional and helpful. That part was helpful. Overall, I found that while Technorati was a little difficult for me to use, there were some ways that it would be helpful. Like finding videos on the latest in gifted education or testing.

Del.icio.ous was, to me, much more user friendly. I would much more likely be using that one in the future. Being able to tag and categorize will really help keep me organized, which when having 5 different grade levels to teach, is very important.

Flickr will also be something that I use in the future, personally and with my students. It was very user friendly as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment