Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thing # 10

After a lot of help from my husband, I have finally been able to work out Thing # 10. I found out that most of the things I was trying to do, wouldn't work on my computer. I found that Dumpr and Wordle worked very well for me. I posted what I did from Wordle on my blog page. The other I will try to post here.

The first six sites that were listed, I couldn't do anything with. After 2 days of trying and having my husband try, we figured that they just weren't going to work for us. Dumpr was very easy to use as long as the picture you are trying to upload isn't too large. I just used a small picture that I had already saved to my files and upload to the Art gallery one. It looks pretty cool. I can see my students having a lot of fun with this one. I'm hoping to be able to figure out the comic one at a later time. I'm still going to be working on it. If I can get it figured out later, I will add it on to this blog.

I think that Wordle will be pretty cool for my students to use as well. They can take a subject that they are interested in and make a list of adjectives for it and make a picture. They can use it to describe a place or subject that interests them and really play around with colors and layouts and fonts. This would make a neat cover for a report. Kind of start it with a short summary of random but connected words.

No comments:

Post a Comment