Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thing # 11

Second try at posting.

I found LibraryThing to be very useful. My personal classroom library contains more than 300 books. I'm very anal about my classroom library. Each book is cataloged, categorized, color coded, and has a posted AR level. In the past, I've had to hand catalog and then type each book into an excel spreadsheet and categorized (I'm obsessived about my books). Then, I put a color coded sticker on each one (color coded by grade level and genre). Finally, I put an AR level on each one. If there is a program out there that would make this process less time consuming, that would be awesome. This program will catalog for me, but what I didn't see on it was the ability to categorize. If I missed this, please let me know. I would love to be able to use this and print out a categorized booklist. This has been very helpful though.

No comments:

Post a Comment